Teratrees has been connecting with the community! Now you can help green a Merton secondary school in London by placing a request to have a tree planted. This is also part of a Young Enterprise competition.
The 3 trees to be planted are below:
These trees are all native to Europe, with Oak and Crab Apple being native to the U.K. Blackthorn is good for birds, and Crab Apple for bees, while Oak is great for a range of creatures and insects!
If you are a business, you can show your company and logo on the homepage and the students will see who owns the tree.
Steps to place a request for one of these trees:
- Register on www.teratrees.com and validate your email address
- Log in and click to buy Teras (minimum top-up is £5 + £1 VAT = £6 for 100 Teras)
- Click on the TreeFinder tab and in the Species Search field choose a Crab Apple (Malus sylvestris), Common Oak (Quercus robur) or Blackthorn (Prunus spinosa)
- Click the Place a Bid for this Tree button (below the About tab) and enter your amount (Note price is in Teras, where 20 Teras = £1. Bids of 100 Teras or more would be great as the students will be paying for the tree, compost, stake and delivery). Then click the Place My Bid button and it will appear on the Market!
To show your company and logo on the home page:
- After registering, click on My teratrees>My Account and fill in the bottom right Corporate box – be sure to check the organisation box and fill in your company name.
- Click on My teratrees>My Settings and upload your company logo.
- Now when you click on Home, click the ‘–‘ button in the Top Rankings panel. This shows organisations and mousing over will show your logo.
Once there are enough bids, the students will accept them on the Market, then order and plant the trees and receive the bid value! You will then ‘own’ the tree – it will appear in My Garden.